(1)The number of different permutations of the word BANANA is
Ans : 60
(2) 7 Women and 7 Men are to sit round a circular table such that there is a man on either side of every women; the number of seating arrangements is
(c) 6! x 7!
Ans : C, 6! x 7!
(3) The number of diagonals that can be drawn by joining the vertices of an octagon is
(d) none of these
Ans : 20
(4) In an examination there are three multiple choice Questions and each questions has 4 choices. Number of ways in which a student can fail to get all answers correct is
Ans : D, 63
(5) Raman has 6 friends. In how many ways can be invite one or more of them at a dinner?
Ans : 63
(6) Total number of words formed by 2 vowels and 3 consonants taken from 4 vowels and 5 consonants is equal to
Ans : C, 7200
(7) In how many ways can 5 prizes be distributed among 4 boys when every boys can take one or more prizes?
Ans : 1024
(8) The number of different signals which can be given from 6 flags of different colours taking one or more at a time, is
Ans : 1956
(9) A student can take one of four Mathematics sections and one of five English sections. The number n of ways he can register for the two courses, is
Ans : C, 20
Explanation : Then four choices of Mathematics and Five choices for English.
Hence : n = 4 x 5 =20
(10) There are four bus lines between A and B; and three bus lines between B and C. The number of ways a person can travel
(i) by bus from A to C by way of B.
Ans : 12
Explanation : There are four ways to go from A to B and three ways to go from B to C;
Hence there are 4 x 3 =12
(ii) Round trip by bus from A to C by way of B.
Ans : 144
Explanation : There are twelve ways to go from A to C by way of B, and 12 ways to return.
Hence there are 12 x 12 = 144 ways.