1. Who were the early occupants of Kerala?
Ans : The Nigritos
2. Which harbour in Kerala played the most important role in having commercial relationship with other countries?
Ans : Musiris (Kodungalloor)
3. Which was the capital of the Chera kings?
Ans : Vanchi
4. Who was the most prominent of the Chera kings?
Ans : Nedum Cheralathan
5. Which poetry refers to the progeny of the Chera kings?
Ans : Sangha Kavya
6. When was Kulachal war held?
Ans : 1741
7. Which was the famous Tamil literacy piece of Kulashekhara Alwar?
Ans : Perumal Thirumozhi (A.D 800 – 820)
8. Who guided the Naval Force of the Samorins?
Ans : The Kunjalis
9. Who wrote ‘Vikrameeyam’
Ans : Mana Vikrama
10. Who presided over the first ‘Mamangam’?
Ans : Valluvakonathiri
11. Who were the first Europeans to reach Kerala?
Ans : The Portuguese
12. In which year did the Portuguese sailor Vascoda Gama landed Kozhikode?
Ans : 1498
13. When was Pazhassi Raja Assassinated?
Ans : 30 Nov, 1805
15. In which year was the famous ”Kundara Proclamation’?
Ans : Jan, 1809
16. In which year was ‘Malabar Agitation’ held?
Ans : 1921
17. When was “Guruvayoor Satyagraha” held?
Ans : 1931 – 32
18. In which Punnapra Vayalar Agitation held?
Ans : 1946
19. Who was elected as the Chief Minister in the 1948 election of Kochi?
Ans : E. Ikkanda Warrier
20. When was Kochi concoursed with Travancore?
Ans : Ist July 1949
21. Where is turquoise mined in Kerala?
Ans : Nedumangad
22. Which is the first English Medium School in Kerala?
Ans : Mattancheri English School
23. Which is the first railway route of Kerala?
Ans : Tirur – Bepur (1861)
24. Which renowned king is known as “Garbhasriman”?
Ans : Swathi Tirunal
25. Which place in Kerala is known as the Charity of Pamba?
Ans : Kuttanad