The United Nations formally came into existence on October 24th, 1945 at Yalta. The headquarters of United Nations are located in First Avenue, U.N. Plaza, New York, U.S.A. U.N flag was adopted by U.N General Assembly on October 20th, 1947. The official languages of the U.N are English, French, Chinese, Russian, Arabic and Spanish; but the working languages are English and French only.
The United Nations Organization (U.N.O.) recommended the seven principles for all its members.
1. All members have to fulfill in good faith the obligations arising from their acceptance of the U.N. Charter.
2. All members should settle their disputes bilaterally with peaceful means.
3. All members of the U.N. should be treated equal.
4. All members of the U.N. should assist and co-operate in any action it takes and should not assist in any way to country against whom the action is being taken.
5. All members should refrain in their international relations from the threat of force against territorial integrity or political independence of any state.
6. The U.N. should not intervene in domestic affairs of any State or Country.
7. The U.N. ensures the behaviour of non-members in accordance with these principles as far as may be essential for the maintenance of peace in world.