Kerala PSC Public Relations Officer (PRO), (Part I – General Category & Part II – Society Category), APEX Societies of Co-operative Sector & state Co-Operative Bank Ltd; (Category No.300/2011 & 301/2011) Detailed Exam Syllabus .
- Definitions of PR – Orgin and development of Public Relations – Growth of Public Relations in India.
- Public Relations and propaganda- PR and publicity – Public opinion in Public Relations
- PR functions – Characteristics and qualifications of PR personnel – PR and Communication skills
- Organisational setup of PR departments/agencies – PR in private and public sectors, PR in Central and State Governments – Government Information Services.
- PR Counselling and consultancy – PR for sales promotion – Media relations – Community relations.
- PR Campaign – Stages of PR campaign – Planning and implementing PR campaigns – Evaluation of feed back.
- PR tools – House journals – newsletters – handouts – press conferences – audio/visual aids.
- PR and social responsibility – PR codes of ethics – professional organisations.