Kerala PSC Fireman (Trainee) 2015 Examination Syllabus.
General Knowledge, Current Affairs & Renaissance in Kerala
Facts about Kerala:-
Basic facts about Kerala, Historical importance, Social, economic, and industrial development in Kerala. Geographical Facts, Physical features, Climate, Soils, Rivers, Famous sites in Kerala.
Facts About India:-
Geography of India, Physical features, Climate, Soils, Rivers hydroelectric and irrigation projects, Mineral resources and Industrial development in India. Transportation and communication in India, Basic facts related to Physical, industrial and cultural features of other States and Union Territories-etc.
History of India:-
Medieval India, Revolt of 1857, causes and results, Indian National Movement, Political, social and cultural developments in freedom movement, Post independent India, Indian Foreing Policy, etc.
Five year Plans:-
Planning, Banking and Insurance. Central and State Rural development programmes, Social welfare programmes, Indian Constitution, Basic facts related to Protection of Human Rights Act 1993, National Human Rights Commission and issues on human rights, Right to Information Act, Information Commissions, Laws to prevent atrocities against women and Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe. The Protection Of Civil Rights Act, 1955, Women empowerment, Cyber laws etc.
International & National Politics, Economics, Literature, Science, ArtCulture, Sports,etc. General Science and scientific phenomena, issues relating to environment, Non conventional energy sources, crisis in the field of Agriculture and Health, developments in sceince and technology, space research, etc.
Renaissance in Kerala
Important Events / Movements / Leaders
Brahmananda Swami Sivayogi, Chattampi Swami, Sree Narayana Guru, Vagbhatananda, Thycaud Ayya, Ayya Vaikundar, Poikayil Yohannan (Kumara Guru), Ayyankali, Pandit Karuppan, Mannathu Padmanabhan, V. T. Bhattathirippad, Dr. Palpu, Kumaranasan, Vakkom Moulavi, Blessed Kuriakose Elias Chavara, Etc. Read Hot Points
A. English Grammar
1. Types of Sentences and Interchange of Sentences.
2. Different Parts of Speech.
3. Agreement of Verb and Subject.
4. Confusion of Adjectives and Adverbs.
5 Comparison of Adjectives
6. Adverbs and Position of adverbs
7. Articles – The Definite and the Indefinite Articles.
8. Uses of Primary and Model Auxiliary Verbs
9. Tag Questions
10. Infinitive and Gerunds
12. Tenses in Conditional Sentences
14. The Use of Correlatives
15. Direct and Indirect Speech
16. Active and Passive voice
17. Correction of Sentences
1. Singular & Plural, Change of Gender, Collective Nouns
2. Word formation from other words and use of prefix or suffix
3. Compound words
6. Phrasal Verbs
7. Foreign Words and Phrases
8. One Word Substitutes
9. Words often confused
10. Spelling Test
11. Idioms and their Meanings
Simple Arithmetic & Mental Ability
A . Simple Arithmetic
1. Numbers and Basic Operations
2. Fraction and Decimal Numbers
4. Profit and Loss
5. Simple and Compound Interest
6. Ratio and Proportion
7. Time and Distance
8. Time and Work
10. Laws of Exponents
B. Mental Ability
1. Number and Alphabetic series
2. Problems on Mathematical signs
3. Analogy – Word Analogy, Alphabet Analogy, Number Analogy
4. Odd man out
5. Coding and Decoding
6. Family Relations
7. Sense of Direction
8. Time and Angles
9. Time in a clock and its reflection
10. Date and Calendar
11. Clerical Ability