Skip to content
- SAGY launched by Narendra Modi on the birth anniversary of Jayaprakash Narayan on 11th October 2014.
- The scheme aims at turning villages in to model villages and put sepcial focus on empowering the poor to come out poverty.
- Under this scheme, each member of parliament needs to choose one village each from their representing constituency and make it a model village called ‘Adarsh Grams‘
The villages adopted under SAGY
- Narendra Modi – Jayapur (Uttar Pradesh)
- Sonia Gandhi – Uduwa (Uttar Pradesh)
- Rahul Gandhi – Deeh ((Uttar Pradesh)
- Arun Jaitley – Karnali (Gujarat)
- Sachin -Puttamraju Kandrika (Gujarat)
- V.K. Singh – Mirpur Hindu (U.P)
- Hema Malini – Raval (U.P)