High School Assistant Syllabus 2018 – (Physical Science) Malayalam Medium: Kerala Public Service Commission has published exam calendar for the month of June July and August 2018. High School Assistant (Physical Science) Malayalam Medium exam Category No.227/2016 will be held on 2nd August 2018.
Highly Recommended Books Online For Kerala PSC
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 45.00Was: INR 50.00
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: INR 414.00Was: INR 460.00
High School Assistant Syllabus 2018
High School Assistant (Physical Science) Malayalam Medium main syllabus for the examination details are given below:
Module I : Renaissance and freedom movement
Module II: General Knowledge and current affairs
Module III: Methodology of teaching the subject
|History/conceptual development. Need and Significance, Meaning Nature and Scope of the Subject.|
|Correlation with other subjects and life situations.|
|Aims, Objectives, and Values of Teaching – Taxonomy of Educational Objectives – Old and revised|
|Pedagogic analysis- Need, Significance and Principles.|
|Planning of instruction at Secondary level- Need and importance. Psychological bases of Teaching the subject – Implications of Piaget, Bruner, Gagne, Vygotsky, Ausubel and Gardener – Individual difference, Motivation, Maxims of teaching.|
|Methods and Strategies of teaching the subject- Models of Teaching, Techniques of individualizing instruction.|
|Curriculum – Definition, Principles, Modern trends and organizational approaches, Curriculum reforms – NCF/KCF.|
|Instructional resources- Laboratory, Library, Club, Museum- Visual and Audio-Visual aids – Community based resources – e-resources – Text book, Work book and Hand book.|
|Assessment; Evaluation- Concepts, Purpose, Types, Principles, Modern techniques – CCE and Grading- Tools and techniques – Qualities of a good test – Types of test items- Evaluation of projects, Seminars and Assignments – Achievement test, Diagnostic test – Construction, Characteristics, interpretation and remediation.|
|Teacher – Qualities and Competencies – different roles – Personal Qualities – Essential teaching skills – Micro-teaching – Action research.|
High School Assistant Syllabus 2018 – Core Subjects
- Eigen functions and Eigen values
- Postulates of quantum mechanics Time Schrodinger wave equation
- Application to particle in a one dimensional box
- Normalization of wave functions
- Application of Schrodinger wave equation to hydrogen atom
- Conversion of Cartesian coordinates to polar coordinates
- Radial and angular functions (mention only)
- Orbitals and concept of Quantum numbers
- Energy levels in molecules
- Born-Oppenheimer approximation.
- Rotational, vibrational,Raman, Electronic and NMR spectroscopy: Basic Principles and applications.
Elements of symmetry of molecules Amorphous and crystalline solids , Defects in crystals – Stoichiometric and non stoichiometric defects .
- Ideal and non ideal solutions -Henry’s law , Raoult’s law
- Dilute solutions, Colligative properties, Abnormal molecular mass, Van’t Hoff factor.
- Solubility product and common ion effect, precipitation of cations , Principles of volumetric analysis, Theories of indicators.
- Principles and applications of Column chromatography, Paper chromatography, Thin layer chromatography, Ion exchange chromatography, – Rf values.
- Structure and applications of silicones, silicates and zeolites. Cement , Glass , Inorganic fertilizers , Rocket propellants (Brief study) Types of pollution: Air and water. Pollutants , Control of air and water pollution Atom Models.
- Planck’s quantum Theory, Photoelectric effect, de Broglie’s relation, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle.
- Atomic orbitals and Quantum numbers
- Pauling’s Exclusion principle
- Hund’s rule of maximum multiplicity
- Aufbau’s principle – Electronic configuration of atoms.
- Ionic bond – Properties, Born-Lande equation (derivation not expected), Born-Haber cycle – Fajan’s rules and its applications.
- Covalent bond – Valence bond theory–VSEPR Theory – Concept of Hybridisation –-Types: sp, sp2, sp3, dsp2
, sp3 d, d2 sp3, sp3 d2 – Explanation with simple examples.
- Molecular Orbital Theory – LCAO – Bonding and anti bonding molecular orbitals – Bond order. Theories of Metallic bonding: Free electron theory, valence bond theory and band theory (Basics concepts only).Hydrogen bond – Intra and inter molecular hydrogen bond.
- Periodic laws, – Periodic properties – Electronegativity scales (Pauling and Mullikan scales) – Effective nuclear charge – Slater rule – Diagonal relationship Representative and Transition Elements – General Characteristics, preparation and properties of simple compounds.
- Lanthanides and actinides Metals: Occurrence, Concentration of ores, Refining of metals, Extractive metallurgy of Al, Fe, Ni, Cu and Ti – Classification of steel, hardening of steel.
- Isomerism in coordination compounds – Werner’s theory -EAN rule – Valence bond theory – Crystal filed theory – Splitting of d-orbitals in octahedral, tetrahedral and square planar complexes –Applications Organometallic Compounds: Definition, Classification and Applications Radioactivity –Natural and artificial, Nuclear stability – N/P ratio –Nuclear forces –Half life period – Gieger Nuttal rule –Disintegration series – Transmutation , Nuclear fission and Nuclear fusion –Application of radioactive isotopes Postulates of kinetic theory of gases – Collision number.
- First law of thermodynamics – Joule-Thomson effect – Liquefaction of gases – Inversion temperature. Second law of thermodynamics – Concept of entropy – Entropy as criteria of spontaneity. Free energy functions – Hess’s law, Bond energies. Third law of thermodynamics.
- Law of mass action – Law of chemical equilibrium – Equilibrium constant in terms of concentration, partial pressure and mole fractions Van’t Hoff’s equation – Homogeneous and heterogeneous equilibria – Le Chatelier’s Principle and its applications.
- Rate of a reaction – Factors influencing the rate of a reaction – Rate law – Order and molecularity – Rate constants for first, second, third and zero order reactions – half life period for first order reaction- Arrhenius equation – Collision theory – Transition state theory – Homogeneous and heterogenous catalysis – Enzyme catalysis Photosynthesis – Simple Photochemical reactions – Fluorescence – Phosphorescence Chemisorption and physisorption – Factors affecting adsorption – Adsorption isotherms Classification , Preparation, purification and properties of colloids, Protective colloids – Gold number – Applications of colloids.
- Phase Equilibria: Components and degrees of freedom – One component and two component systems (Simple cases only) Faraday’s laws, Kohlrausch’s law – Arrhenius theory, Ostwald’s dilution law – Debye -Huckel – Onsager’s equations for strong electrolytes, Galvanic cells, electrochemical series – Nernst equation Uniqueness of Carbon , Classification of organic compounds – Hybridization of carbon in organic compounds.
- Structural and Stereoisomerism, Baeyer strain theory, Conformation and configuration – Specific rotation – Chirality, Enantiomers, Diastereomers– Racemic mixture – Resolution methods Inductive effect, Mesomeric effect, Hyperconjugation and Electromeric effect – Steric effect.
- organic reactions: Substitution, Addition, Elimination and Rearrangement . Mechanisms of SN1, SN2, E1 & E2 Nomenclature of organic compounds– Preparation and properties of alkanes, alkenes, alkynes, alkyl halides, alcohols, aldehydes and ketones, carboxylic acids & their derivatives.
- Aromaticity, Huckel’s rule – Structure and stability of benzene, Electrophilic substitution reactions in benzene with mechanisms Grignard reagent-Preparation and synthetic applications Classification of polymers, preparation and applications of important polymers, biodegradable polymers Biomolecules: Carbohydrates, proteins, nucleic acids, vitamins (Classifications with examples, applications/functions)
- Particle dynamics-Newton’s laws of motion, rotational dynamics, conservation laws- Linear momentum, angular momentum, energy. Simple harmonic motion, damped and forced oscillations, wave motion-progressive waves, super position of waves, Doppler effect.
- Frames of reference, special theory of relativity Elasticity-Young’s modulus, rigidity modulus, bulk modulus, surface tension, viscosity.
- Electrostatics, transient current, current electricity, electromagnetic induction, alternating current, magnetic properties of materials.
- Semiconductor physics- diodes, transistors, amplifiers, oscillators, logic gates.
- Reflection, refraction, dispersion, interference, diffraction, scattering, polarization, fibre
optics, lasers, basic idea of spectroscopy.
- Heat and thermodynamics-conduction, convection, radiation,laws of thermodynamics, Carnot engine, entropy.
- Statistical distribution-ensemble, phase space, Maxwell-Boltzmann statistics.
- Bohr atom model, vector atom model, hydrogen spectra, nuclear structure and properties, radio activity, nuclear fission and fusion, elementary particles.
- Crystal structure, crystal symmetry, miller indices, brevais lattice, Bragg’s law, packing
fraction, super conductivity.
- Wave nature of matter, uncertainty principle, postulates of wave mechanics, Schrodinger equation.
Download High School Assistant Syllabus 2018 – (Physical Science) Malayalam Medium in PDF – Click Here >>